The day has come to blog against sexual harassment in Egypt. It was enough torture to hear about virginity checks conducted on female protesters in Tahrir on March 9th by the Egyptian Army. Now just walking on the street, any female is subject to the daily humiliation of the minimal verbal sexual harassment.. We, human rights defenders, who will blog on June 20th against gender violence and sexual harassment are aiming to at least raise awareness on the issue. on a personal note, there haven’t been a day that I walked on the streets of Cairo, and not got at least verbally sexually harassed. I am always hearing horror stories of sexual violence from friends, and I know that it could be me or you, so instead of blaming the victim or being passive, I urge you to speak up, educate yourself, and discuss your thoughts with others. The only way we could fight ignorance and passivity is by being the change we want to see. Be that change on June 20th.
- RT @mic: Here’s what it is like to be interrupted 28 times during a debate: #Debates #debatenight https://t.co/Br6c8UBMTb 6 hours ago
- RT @HillaryClinton: Donald Trump called her "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping." Her name is Alicia Machado. #DebateNight https://t.co/0w… 7 hours ago
- " Winging it" at a presidential election doesn't cut it.. Not preparing showed tonight for Trump.. Thankfully 8 hours ago
- Well that says a lot.. twitter.com/jerryspringer/… 8 hours ago
- RT @S_Elhussieny: Lamest debate I have ever seen 🙀#debatenight 9 hours ago
- RT @HillaryClinton: A man who can be provoked by a tweet should not have his hands anywhere near the nuclear codes. #DebateNight 9 hours ago
- Even though i hate her.. I am voting Hilary Clinton 9 hours ago